Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Curse of the Vikings - for Tom!!








The football fans in Minnesota feel like they are cursed. Best team, best defense, best quarterback, best running back and on and on and on.. but they never seem to be able to win the big game. They don't even know about frustration like us Bomber fans but that is another story.

So, since Julie and I don't have a TV, I have spent the past two Sunday afternoons down at the Zumbrota Legion watching the NFL playoffs. I tell you, these fans are pretty serious about their Vikings. You walk into the Legion at game time and it's like being in a section of the stadium. People of all ages and genders decked out in their purple jerseys pleading and screaming for their team to win the big game.

But I digress. Here is the real story. You order a draft beer at the legion and the bar guy asks if you want a tall or short. Of course, Jim asks for a tall and what do I get.. at least a quart sized tankard of beer for the total cost of $2.50. To bad Surly Bob doesn't see this. Same beer in the 'knife would be about $12 but that's CAD of course. So I'm sittng there watching the game and the waiter comes up to see if I want another.. half price which I think is what I paid for the first one. He brings my another jumbo draft and it's $1.25. Whoooohoooo... the Zumbro Legion has a new best customer!!! Back to the Game...

Two weeks ago, when the Vikes beat up on Dallas, the atmosphere was euphoric - people laughing, slapping each other on the back, screaming that this is their year... and then we played New Orleans this past sunday. Same setting, same tension, same atmosphere - and it really was a good game. But the Vikings turned the ballover SIX TIMES!!!. They could have won easily if they could have held onto the ball... It's like they are ..uhhhhh ... CURSED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment