Sunday, October 19, 2014

A lovely day for a hike - Ely's Peak...



Today, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and I decided that there had to be better things to do than to hang out on the couch watching football all day. 

Jewels had gone hiking with a friend when I was up north and it was sort of a short cut up to the top of Ely's Peak.. I say a short cut as it was a lot shorter than the route from the rear.. and this route was only a mile... but lotsa climbing...  It got quite warm and the layers were stripped off.. the colors were great... the company was very nice.. and it was a wonderful stroll.

I also figured that if we left early enough, I would be back early afternoon and still get my fill of Sunday NFL football..  Right again!









On the way home, we stopped in at the Enger tower.. colors were so nice.. and always a great view of the City..



 It's probably going to get cooler soon.. perhaps the snow will be falling and we'll be hauling out the snow shoes.. Kind of looking forward to that but a day like today was so nice..

Life is Good




No comments:

Post a Comment