Saturday, August 8, 2009

Music

So, I'm updating my profile and one section asks for my favorite music ... so I start to list some of my favorite songs and groups etc... an as I love my music, it takes a while. And I go to update my changes and I find out I can't have over 2000 characters in that section..

So, here's the list cut and pasted from the profile just to name a few of my favorites!

Lay Down Beside Me - Alison Kraus and John Waite = If Julie ever marries me this will be our song,
Killing the Blues - Alison Kraus and Robert Plante - nice together,
Wishin' and Hopin' - Ani DiFranco = nice new version of old simple song,
The Girl from Impanema - Astrud Gilberto = always a good listen,
I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles = so Lucky to have this group from my Era,
Turn the Page - Bob Seger = I like a lot of his stuff and this is a classic,
Rainy Night in Georgia - Brook Benton = easy listening,
Please Don't Think I'm Nosy - Charlie Musselwhite - easy blues,
Since You've been Gone - Cheryl Wheeler = new artist,
My Friends - Dar Williams = Julie introduced me to this folkis stuff,
That's Amore - Dean Martin = catchie tune,
Sunshine Superman - Donovan = oh yeah,
Waltzing Matilda (Guitar Version) - The Down Under Vocal Band = over and over,
Tennessee Road - Eliza Gilkyson = Oh sooo nice,
My Father's Eyes - Eric Clapton = love all his stuff,
At Last - Etta James = great love song,
Songbird/Tall Trees in Georgia - Eva Cassidy = what a great singer and died so young,
Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood = my idea of good rock music,
Fever - Helen Shapiro/Patsy Cline = and anyone else that sings it!
Summertime - Janis Joplin = another that died too young,
Old Flame - Jill Barber = just found her recently,
My Baby's Gone/Sorry - Joan Armatrading = nice voice,
Furry Sings the Blues - Joni Mitchell = catchie,
Always - Leonard Cohen = what a great talent,
Lake Charles - Lucinda Williams = I love her sexy voice,
Broken Things - Lucy Kaplansky = another new singer to me/nice,
She's Leaving Because she Wants to - Lyle Lovett =I like a lot of his stuff,
I Wish I Were - Martha Wainwright = ditto Kaplansky,
Dream River - The Mavericks = this song has made me cry - of course what doesn't??!
Oh Mary - Neil Diamond = great voice,
Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Nina Simone = I loooveee her,
Turn me On - Nora Jones = I like a lot of her stuff,
The Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding = Always loved this song,
Old Cape Cod - Patti Page = MMMmmm,
Feelin' Love - Paula Cole = different/catchy tune,
Monty Got a Raw Deal - REM = this was a great band,
Honky Tonk Women - The Stones = how lucky to grow up with this music!,
Tom's Diner - Suzanne Vega = there is a story to this one,
Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis - Tom Waits = Long Way Home/The Piano Has been Drinking/Tom Traubert's Blues/I Wish I was in New Orleans/Day After Tomorrow,
Honky Tonk Heros - Waylon Jennings = love his voice,
Stardust - Willie Nelson = how does he stay alive?

2 comments: