Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Back in Canada - for a while.

Well, after spending almost 3 months down in Minnesota with my Julie, I returned to Canada a couple of days ago. It is with mixed emotions as it was so nice just to relax and spend time with Julie and appreciate what a wonderful woman she is and how good it is to spend my days and nights with her. On the other hand, I must admit I was going a bit stir crazy without working and I guess I found out that just sitting back without any real goals to achieve (or income) is not the answer - especially if I expect Jewels to eventually agree to marry me and I want to get going and resolve that little old situation. Maybe if the golf courses were open, it may have been a bit easier to ease into a retirement scenario but - hey - it's pothole season and time to get to work.

I'm hoping to set up my own little company to work at asphalt repairs and hopefully, it will be the answer to create a source of income while keeping active and having a bit of fun doing something that is quite different from anything I have done since I was a young pup just out of high school. But, before I take this project on, I intend to drive out west over the next couple of weeks and visit with Jesse and Nikki in Edmonton as well as my wonderful friends, Bill and Pat and at the same time, drop by the Nuna offices to visit with Dana. From there, I'll probably fly over to Comox and spend some time with Jill and Wayne, and of course, my little Shaya before heading back to Manitoba and getting to work.

That's all that has been happening for the past while. I snowshoed around the local Lundar Golf Course today - took over an hour and breaking new trail all around the course was a great workout and I just may do that again tomorrow. Visiting with Mom is always nice and we got into a mean old card game with Auntie Lara and Laurie tonite.

Ah, it's an exciting life but, Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment