Monday, March 15, 2010

Visiting the gang on Vancouver Island







The crappy weather continues to follow me around - although my drive out west through the mountains went much smoother than last fall when I hit the worst possible weather. I left Edmonton around 4pm and since the weather was nice and clear, I drove through to Hope arriving around 2am. After a nice sleep, I woke up to a raging snow storm and the only time it hasn't been raining the past week, it's been snowing.

Today, the day before I return to Edmonton, it was relatively nice with just a few showers. We took a drive this morning down to Qualicum Beach and visited Graham at his plant. Very impressive operation where they build concrete forms for a variety of construction uses. We then went over to his house and had a visit with Leah and the kids. First time Shaya got to visit her cousins and although it was short, it was a nice visit.

I wanted to collect some driftwood this trip so Jill, Wayne, Shaya and I drove up to the ferry depot for the Powell River Ferry and took a stroll up the beach. We picked up a few very cool pieces and found some very interesting old logs with plants growing out of them.

Tomorrow, if it's nice I hope to get some nice photos off the ferry from Victoria to Horseshoe Bay. It's been so nice to visit with the kids and especially to spend some time with my sweet little grand daughter.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment