Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just back from a quick trip to Edmonton.









So, the main reason for my trip to Edmonton was that I had a job to do for my buddy Bill at Larga. His parking lot in one area was sinking or settling and as a result, every time it rained a huge puddle occured and it was quite inconvenient for parking and getting in and out of vehicles. Bill asked me if I could do an overlay over the whole area to level it off and make sure the water was draining in the right direction. I told him, OF COURSE I can fix it although I have never done a job like this before. It started with an estimate of how much asphalt I would need to overlay the whole section and my guess of 7 tonnes of product turned out to be quite accurate - much to my surprise!

I was very lucky that Jesse and Nikki were around and they were a huge help in shoveling up the asphalt and moving it around and spreading and tamping and on and on. It was very good for me as I have come to realize that I must be very careful not to take on more that I can chew (so to speak) and this was about as big of a job as I want to do. It didn't help that Edmonton set a record for the date (May 21st I think) where the temp hit +31.8C.

So the photos above show the progress we made to do the job. I actually had to rent a large roller compactor and was quite proud that not only the lot got leveled properly but the fences were all still standing after I was done.

I got home yesterday afternoon and am washing my laundry tonite as I'm off to Minnesota tomorrow to spend some time with my hunnie.... WhooooHooooo Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment