Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back in Manitoba... checking out the LPGA in Winnipeg








I've been back in Manitoba for a week. Doing lots of nothing as well as running around doing lots of everything???

I took my Mom into Winnipeg last weekend and we attended my niece's wedding (Cheryl) and then returned home to start putting my furniture into storage. I have an offer on the house although the financing is very weak so I'm not sure what will happen. I am leaving early this week out west. Ultimately to be in Courtenay for Jill's wedding on the 9th and maybe some EZ Street biz along the way.

So, with lots to do, I hit the trail for Winnipeg early yesterday to check out the LPGA event at St Charles GC. I must have walked about 10 miles all over the course. It was fun to watch and I'm very impressed .. not only with how sweet a lot of these ladies look.. but they are so very talented and hit the ball a TON! Michelle Wie is leading at -10 after 2 days. This is the Canadian Open and it's the 4th largest purse (about $2.35M) on the ladies tour. Of the top 100 ranked players on the tour, 92 of those are attending this event.

One of the lighter moments of the day ... I was standing by the 13th fairway.. Kelli Kuehne hit her drive right beside where I was standing. There was a huge tree in front of her and either a chip out to the fairway or a tiny alley to navigate thru a bunch of trees.. She was in quite a good mood, considering the situation, and this guy nearby (several beers in him) started to discuss the options with her... she finally decided to try hit through the trees and her new friend questioned the choice. She looked at him laughing, said she was only 14 over par at this stage and not really in contention. Of course, she clipped a tree trunk, ended up in the fairway on 14 and merrily went on her way. Good attitude.. life must be good for Ms Kuehne!

Anyways, the weather was hot, the beer was cold and the golfing/scenery was great!

Life is good indeed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment