Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hiking the Peace Ridge outside of Duluth...







The last few days have been really hard on my old knees.. Monday and tuesday I walked 18 holes each day on the Enger course. It's rolling and hilly and steep and after two days my knees felt like pain would be an ongoing reminder that I'm getting old.

Today, Jewels and I decided to hike the Peace Ridge which is just out on the west side of town. This hike gets rave reveiws from the author of the "Superior Hiking Trails" book that I got for xmas... and know what.. there's a good reason for that as it was one of the best trails we have been on to date. We followed a small creek for the first bit.. then into a forest where we met up with a young coyote pup... and then to a ridge that overlooked Duluth and Superior which was absolutely breathtaking....

I love hiking.. the freedom to just go wherever you want to.. like snow shoeing in the winter.. and of course, the pain...

Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment