Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Curling weekend...



Looks like we're heading for a fun weekend.... Scott's banged up with a foot injury so I'm going to spare with his curling team at the annual "Steak Bonspiel" in Cambridge MN.  There will be 3 or 4 teams from the Superior Club attending and it sounds like this is a fun event.

Jewels and I are driving down on Friday.  She plans to drop me at the hotel in Cambridge and then head down to Cam and Cassie's to attend to her Grand Daughter - Finley's birthday.... She'll stay there overnite and join up with us in Cambridge on Saturday.

Curling at the Superior Club has been a lot of fun this year.. after a couple of years I have gotten to know a lot of the people in the club and in addition to meeting Bud Sommerville, it's been a good time for me.

We'll be heading back to Duluth on Sunday.  From there we're going up the north shore of Lake Superior on Monday to spend 4 nights at the Blue Fin Resort.  Julie has the week off and we're going to sit back and relax.. do a bit of reading... snow shoeing and hopefully we will start onto the geocaching activities that we've been looking into for some time now.  We head back to Duluth on the 22nd and then I'm heading off into the sunset for about a month.  I'm driving out to the west coast ... a  bit of work.. a lot of my special little girls in Courtenay... and a new adventure where I'm going to be doing some house sitting for a couple of weeks on the south western coast of Vancouver Island.  I've signed up to look after a home in Jordan River which is a small community between Sooke and Port Renfrew.  It's a very nice place.. I'll have a bit of company looking after the pets which will be nice, world class hiking trails, fresh halibut and salmon to cook up, and perhaps more geocaching.

OH... as of this morning, Jewels is down 30 pounds and I'm close by at 28 pounds... not a diet but a fine eating plan called Clean eating... we're feeling wonderful about it and both need to shop for new jeans to slide our slim butts into...

Life is Good....


No comments:

Post a Comment