Thursday, November 19, 2009

Death and Taxes

Since I was sick last year, I have noticed that when I'm reading my newspaper, I have developed a habit of pausing at the page(s) that list the obituaries ... just to take a peek. I have been noting that there are a lot of people that are passing on to the next stage that are often younger that I am. I guess I will have to count on the family genes and hope that I can keep up with Mom and Dad who both have late eighties on their resumes and Mom is talking about 100!

Anyways, a couple of months ago, I saw an obituary for an old school friend, Albert Monkman who had colon cancer. His photo was a bit eerie in that he looked almost the same at age 60+ as he did in his school days - a beautiful smile and so sincere and happy looking. Today, I noticed that another school and 4H chum, Kay Lamblin passed on from cancer. His funeral is in Lundar tomorrow and although I planned to head south, I just may detour and pay my respects.

I don't think I'm afraid of death.. but I am certainly more aware that I should be making more of my life and enjoying the next 20 years or so because.... well, just because, OK

By the way, If anyone from Revenue Canada is reading this, I promise to pay my outstanding taxes from 08 before the end of the year.. I promise!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment