Thursday, November 19, 2009

Time is flying by....

I left home on the 14th of October.. drove out to Edmonton and carried on to Vancouver to oversee the production of EZ Street asphalt for a new client on the west coast. It went well, in spite of all the rain and I'm glad to see that we have a customer that is anxious to work with us and wants to cover as much of the western provinces as we will allow. We have to see how things work out with him for now but I'm optimistic that this is just one piece of a growing puzzle.

I was pleased that I could take a few days to visit with Jill, Wayne, and Shaya. My lovely little grand daughter is growing so fast and she was very comfortable with me right from the start. I love spending time with her.. she is at my favorite stage.. vocabulary growing daily and communicating and interested and interesting. Unfortunately, I only had a few days with the kids as I had some work in Edmonton to follow up on. Gawd the drive back to Alberta was horrible. It is the first time that I have ever been really.. I mean REALLY, concerned and somewhat afraid with the road and conditions.. Blizzard in the mountains with major delays due to accident.. followed by heavy fog and black ice road conditions - it took me almost 24 hours to make the trip that normally would be about half of that. But, I arrived safe and sound in Edmonton in time to oversee a production of EZ Street at the city of Edmonton paving plant. Again, all went well with that. The Edmonton trip was combined with spending time at the NUNA offices. This is the company that has bought 50% of our business and I found it interesting to spend a few days with the new manager and get to know some of the local staff. I spent some time again with my friends Bill and Pat who have opened their house to me at any time I need a bed.. they have been so very good to me and Julie since my surgery last year. I really do not know how I would have survived my illness and stay in Edmonton last year if I did not have their support and friendship. I love them both dearly and wish I could show my thanks in some special way. I will have to give this some thought and perhaps next year when it is time for them to move to Nova Scotia and enjoy retirement, I can help them in some way.

I got to spend some time with Jesse and Nikki as well. Jesse is doing incredibly well with his school and I am so proud and happy for him. He is working hard and is dedicated to this course. Jesse is having a bit of difficulty adjusting to "co-habitation" .. this is his first real relationship and I spent a bit of time giving him the benefit of some advice from the wealth of experience I have in dealing with women.. LOL... actually, I told him if he ever figures it all out, to let me know as I have not been really successful but am working on a very important project at the present time.. right Jewels??

I made a very tough.. and for me, bold decision a couple of days ago. I decided to semi retire... at least, to leave the employ of EZ Street/Nuna Innovations and leave it up to my partners and staff to run that business. I am counting on them to make enough profits to look after me in my old age. In the meanwhile, I will pick at part time work and get to spend a bit more time with Julie.. it's time to make something more of that relationship. I love my girl and I want to spend more.. much more time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment