Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pics are boring but this is what I do.






My plan for the summer is to work at doing pothole repairs. It sounds kind of boring and trivial .... and I guess it is - BUT - Jimmy does have his reasons. Number one - I figured that there would be lots of opportunities to get work as there is no shortage of potholes in this country of ours; Number two - I have access to one of the best products available to do this kind of work (our EZ Street cold asphalt); Number three - I really wanted to work outside in the sunshine and fresh air and do something physical - I am 60 years old afterall and this type of work gives me the outdoors as well as an abundance of opportunity to do physical work and feed my feeble old body; Number four - I want the flexability to move around with no set schedule, just a few loads of asphalt in the back of the truck, a couple of changes of clothes, my shaving kit and variety of pills, and of course, the golf clubs. Yes, it seems like a good plan.

Since I have started this work, I have picked up a couple of jobs from which I did pretty well on the $$$income side of the ledger, I've been able to visit mom for a few days, I did a trip down to Duluth to visit my Minnesota gang, and now I'm back home and looking for more work. It just needs to warm up a bit for the golfing side of the "workplan" and .... well, you know what they say - Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment