Thursday, January 13, 2011

A bit of ice on the Superior shore...






I saw a couple of ships coming in yesterday as I was shoveling that damn snow... so I decided to take my camera down to Canal Park and try get some photos of them as the arrived...

Well, my timing was off and I missed the ship's arrival but I noticed that the waves up along Park Point were putting up some large sprays so I decided to go take a look.

I had been there a couple of days ago and noticed a small amount of ice build up that looked like broken glass. That day the waves were small and the ice was making a strange tinkling noise as it lapped back and forth. Well, yesterday I was amazed as the waves had pushed up a wall of ice about 30 meters wide and god knows how deep. Waves were crashing against the wall of ice pushing more shards into the pile.

OK.... so it doesn't take much to excite me.. but it sure looked nice..

Life is good aye???

1 comment: