Monday, April 16, 2012

Home again


We drove back to Denver on Friday following the Arkansas River. It was a beautiful drive although it took quite a while. We stayed at the Mariott at the airport. I've been using priceline bidding for rooms lately and got a great room/nice hotel for $60. It cost Jewels more to buy me dinner that nite but that's the price she pays for travelling with such a nice tour director.

Poor Julie was feeling sickly and crappy to the bitter end. Not a very nice holiday at all for her but we both agreed that Santa Fe was a wonderful spot to visit and worth seeing again if the opportunity arose.

We had one of the roughest flights ever on the way back to Minneapolis. Even at 39K feet we were feeling the bumps from the rough weather that was bringing storms and tornadoes to the midwest. It was nice to get our feet onto solid ground again.

I drove up to Manitoba and will be here most of the week waiting for my renewed passport as I'm booked to fly from Duluth to Costa Rica on Sunday to get my dental work done. Now that should be interesting to see the results in a couple of weeks.

Ahhhhhh.. life is GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment