Thursday, October 4, 2012

Welllll... didn't I pick a nice day for a drive North!





The snow started as I left Beaudette...  I was wondering what I would run into as most of the cars I met were covered in snow and ice.  By the time I hit Warroad it was a full fledged storm.

The pics were taken on Hwy 12 north near the MB/MN border.  It was very treacherous - slippery driving.  They said on the radio that this was the largest storm this early in Manitoba ever since they started recording such things.  They are expecting up to 30 cm (about 12 inches) of snow in this area overnight with winds blowing to 70 KPH.  Largest storm recorded to this date previously was 5cm or about 2 inches.

But, I made it through and the Holiday Inn feels very cozy tonight..

Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment