Saturday, September 14, 2013

A funny thing happened on the way to the compost...



Soooo... it all started out with a little trip out back to take the compost out to the bin.  I'm not sure why but I was in a bit of a hurry.. actually running along with the bags of debris.



The compost bin was lying on it's side and there was a hole in the pile of refuse..  I never really thought much of it as I ran towards the bin to deposit the load I was carrying...



I never actually got sprayed... the pic above just shows what could have happened if I weren't the elite athlete that I am...

This huge skunk emerged from the bin just as I was leaning over to toss in my bag.  I had a short time to react and I automatically flung myself to the right and held up the bag as a shield to protect me from getting sprayed by my friend....



I woke up from my reverie at about the same time that my head and right knee hit the floor.  Pulled myself back into bed feeling a little silly!

Gawd... I haven't had an over active dream like that since the ewe kicked at me and I flew out of bed and hit the wall trying to avoid it's flying hooves - but I digress...  that was another time and I still feel a bit "sheepish" about that one as well.

A guy could get hurt doing this!  My neck actually feels a little stiff this morning but other than that, I'm none the worse for wear...

Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment