Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday.. must be Powell River BC...

I have a couple of extra days to travel to Vancouver so I decided to take the ferry from Comox to Powell River on the mainland.  It looked like some great scenery off the ferry but it was just pissing rain so I wasn't able to take any pics.

Arrived into Powell River around noon and found a motel for the nite and a fish and chippery for lunch.. Both left something to be desired but at least the guy at the fish place gave me some sight seeing advice.

On his recommendation, I headed north on Highway 101 to the "big" town of Lund ( named after my very good Kim in Moose Lake MN)...  well, actually it was named by a couple of Swedish rogues that stumbled into the area in the late 1800's..

Highway 101 is the world's longest highway stretching 15,020 KM starting at KM one in Lund to Castro, Chile!






Tomorrow, I'm heading a bit to the south.. sounds like I'll be driving into a very lovely area which has a history as the home of the world famous TV show, "The Beachcombers" which ran on Canadian TV for a number of years.  Molly's Reach, here I come...

Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment