Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall is such a nice time of year...






Jewels and I went for a short hike on the weekend in Chester Bowl which follows Chester Creek down the hillside towards the lake. There was a lot of water flowing and so beautiful. It's hard to believe that when you are hiking in that area that you are in the middle of a city of 85000 people. It feels like you are the only people on earth .. such a pretty spot.

The leaves are changing big time right now. It's different for me as I'm more used to fall colors being predominantly gold but it's such an assortment of colors here with the many varities of trees. I took a couple of photos just above Julie's new home on Fern Street as the colors there were just outstanding.

I have also been working at re-connecting with mother nature by taking long hikes, armed with a bag of ...uhhh .. "walking sticks" that can be used to whack little white dimpled balls around whilst taking in the colors and the local scenery..

So far, I have hiked Ender Park on a couple of occasions, Lester Park - today, and Nemadji over in Superior Wisconsin.

Ahhhh.. Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment