Saturday, September 4, 2010

ya know....








So, I'm driving out of Chetwynd after visiting Larry and Val and of course, driving alone gives one lots of time to contemplate life and all... and I was thinking that I was probably crazy not to just drive back to Edmonton, spend a couple of days with Bill and Pat and Jesse and Nikki, and then fly off to Courtenay for the wedding.. but..

Driving along I felt so relaxed as the terrain most of the way to the Clinton area is fertile farm land and not really mountainous at all... and this is good cause I'm really actually tired of mountains. Or so I thought... then, after Cach Creek the terrain quickly changes to mountains again.. and its like a desert.. brown but so rugged and beautiful like Montana and N.Dakota.. and I'm in the Fraser Canyon following the white waters of the Fraser River.. rafting companies everywhere.. and its absolutely gorgeous.

The Fraser then changes with the landscape and everything becomes green and the mountains get bigger and it's so huge and overwhelming that photos don't do it justice. The Fraser is the river that the huge numbers of salmon are swimming up to spawn.. I stopped at a little store and they were selling Coho Salmon (about 4-6 pounders) for $10 each.. wish I had a cooler but it was hot hot hot and no way could I buy any.

I'm glad I drove cause if I didn't, I would have missed visiting my old pal as well as having another gorgeous wonderful day.. Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment