Sunday, June 19, 2011

Big fire.. at the Yellowknife Dump....








Well, I travelled out west again and did a little job in Edmonton. Got to visit with Jesse and Nikki and had a nice dinner with them. I've made a little deal with Chris to buy his Chev Tracker off him.. It's 2 years older than my Dakota but has only 30K KM on it whereas my Dakota just passed 275K this trip. I also hit a deer just out of Edmonton which broke a light and the nimrods that hold the radiator in place so it really is time for a change...

I flew up to Yellowknife yesterday.. it's been two glorious days of +25C .. sunny and warm and the days are at their longest.. It's 1030PM as I write this and still bright with blue skies out there.

Chris and I took a load of garbage out to the dump today and before we got it all off loaded, a City truck rushed up to us and we were told to evacuate the dump as there was a fire on the property. It's been very dry here and the last fire got out of control and burned for a couple of weeks. We didn't think much of it but noticed tonite that there were water bombers circling the area so we took a drive to check it out and sure enough, they were hauling loads of aqua off Back Bay and depositing it on the fire at the mall..er... dump.

It was interesting to see and half the town was out on this beautiful evening watching the water bombers in action...

Life is Swell

No comments:

Post a Comment