Sunday, June 19, 2011

A few sights out in Back Bay on a sunny evening...









Chris and I were driving around watching the water bombers do their thing.. it was such a lovely evening I took a few other pics of the house boats out on back bay.. a guy enjoying a BBQ out on a public dock all by himself watching the boats and planes go by... and finally a few fotos of a local landmark and tourist attraction, the Wildcat Cafe.

Julie and I had been listening to CBC news.. "As it Happens" one evening last week and were interested in a story from Yellowknife about how the Wildcat .. a cafe that has been in operation for about 60 years... was being dismantled.. board by board, and log by log.. each one numbered in order to be re-assembled once the foundation and footings of the building were replaced...

It's funny cause at the time we heard this story, I had no idea that within 10 days, I'd be up here and see this big rebuilding operation first hand.. but there they were.. piles of wood, all documented and accounted for and ready to be put back to work and house one of the city's most historic landmarks.. the Wildcat Cafe... I wish you were here with me Jewels.. it's been a fun couple of days just touring around.. enjoying the longest days of the year and the natural beauty of this city and the area.

And tomorrow I get to go golfing.. to celebrate my little girl's birthday.. Happy Birthday Jill... I Love you...

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment