Sunday, June 26, 2011

Old friends along the road south...





As always, I saw several small herds of bison along the highway near Ft Providence. It's kinda neat to see but these big boys have caused a lot of havoc with motorists as well... they have a tendency to fall asleep on the highway in winter evenings when it's very dark and can do a lot of damage.

There had been a large forest fire in this area and a lot of the herds were camped out in the burnt area.. still a bit smokey and I guess the smoke kept the horseflies at bay. I stopped a couple of times and within seconds of stopping, my vehicle was surrounded by hundreds of swarming horse flies. I felt sorry for the bison who don't have much alternative but to just deal with the bugs..

None of them were making comments about Life being Goooooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment