Thursday, June 9, 2011

Heading back east .. soggy Manitoba!!







Last week, I headed home to Manitoba to finalize the house sale make sure all was set up for possession of June 1 for the new owner. So... Jim Eirikson of no fixed address!! That has an interesting ring to it.

I visited mom for a day/nite before heading south to Duluth. I was amazed by all the water at the Lake Manitoba Narrows. Fields flooded for as far as the eye cud sea! Got some neat shots of pelicans feeding along the way.

I had a very interesting time getting into the states this time. I was honest and told the immigration guys that I had just sold my house so I guess I looked kind of suspicious travelling into the states with my truck and trailor loaded to the nuts with household items as well as my work things. I was told I would probably not be allowed in but after some discussion, I was given entry with a limitation of being out of the states by June 20.

I was also told that I should have a bit more info regarding a fixed address before trying to re-enter the states so I guess it's time to get serious and find a new address. I will be in Thunder Bay early next week and perhaps will find my new home!

No big deal.. Life is still GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment