Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Looking forward to a regular visitor this summer!




I was on the deck today putting away the ..... uhhhhh.. christmas lights - I know, I know but it's been snowing almost every week and they're forcasting a couple of inches tonight as well!

I heard some squawking from the trees between our house and the neighbors place - I looked up and there was a beautiful pileated woodpecker munching away at a stump - chips flying everywhere.  How they attack tree stumps for their meals is beyond me.. pro sport teams should study them in their cause to eliminate concussions!!

Anyways, it looks like he will be a frequent visitor as the stump appears to be infested with ants and, well a fellow has to eat.

The real cool part is that Jewels and I have decided that "bird" is the word for the summer.  We had planned to do as many "bird" related pro-jects as possible.. so May 1 is officially the first day of summer and what a nice bird-way to start.

Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment