Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 5.. into Arizona today.



I gained an hour yesterday and to my surprise, upon entering Arizona I grabbed a second hour so my arrival int Flagstaff - which I had planned for noonish - got pushed up to 1030am..

Sooooooo... I punched in golf courses onto the GPS and ended up at the Continental Country Club in Flagstaff AZ... It was a short course with slow greens.. just up my alley.  Shot a 48 on the front and a 48 on the back, met a nice young guy named Jay who called me "dude"along with his 8yr old son Josh..

I managed to travel a bit on Route 66 today.. there are a LOT of places where the original highway is gonzo... so it's easy to get lost looking for access routes.

A few pics:





Happy looking boy.. aye??










Golf today... tomorrow I'm taking a day off Route 66 and heading north to check out a hole in the ground ...  aka the grand canyon.  It's only 75 miles from Flagstaff...  hope to get back thru here tomorrow on the return and check out Sedona... maybe meet up with a realtor as I know Julie is very interested in this area.. then over to Prescott before heading back to Route 66 in a couple of daze.

Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment