Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day two.. made it to my starting point on Route 66



The day was overcast and cool when I left Windham on HWY 71..  temp was -2C and not a nice day.



I didn't actually go into Wall Lake Iowa to check out the house where Andy grew up but I'll take their word that the signage is accurate.  I did turn around and come back so I could get a pic of the signs.











I hit Route 66 just outside of Joplin Mo.  It's a neat name for a town.. after one of my favorite singers.  I didn't see a lot of exciting photo ops.. so I won't be making up any stories about Route 66 .... yet...

I did manage to take a selfie (with my camera).  There is a story about the bridge in the last pic. This is a rainbow curve bridge built in 1923.  It's the only remaining Marsh Arch Bridge (whatever that is) left on route 66,  - History lesson for the day and there may be a test!






I made it as far as Baxter Springs Mo tonite.. it was kinda exciting to see the Route 66 signs.. Lord knows how far I will travel tomorrow.. but not in any hurry..

Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment