Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sightseeing in Arizona - it's Grand!



Took the day off from chasing Route 66 and did a side trip up to the Grand Canyon. It was about a 2 hour drive north of Flagstaff and an enjoyable trip.  My fear of heights kicked in a few times standing near the edge of that big old hole in the ground but I managed to hang in there and keep from falling in!










Driving back, I decided to get a hotel in Sedona and had a very interesting event take place just outside of Sedona.  I'm thinking that someone got hurt climbing on the nearby rocks and the local sheriff blocked off the road just as I was going by.

There had been a helicopter flying around and all of a sudden he came down over my truck and landed on the highway in front of me.  The medics then transferred someone on a stretcher from their ambulance into the copter and off he went.








It was very warm in this area today.  My truck thermometer showed +33C and I got to sit in that heat and enjoy it for about half an hour.

I didn't get a good feel for Sedona.. that, and the fact that every hotel was booked made me change plans and head out to Prescott where I stayed last nite.  It was also an interesting drive as I went through areas that traversed a huge mountain peak at Jerome AZ - another impactful part of my journey where I couldn't bring myself to look down the steep edges of my highway. 

Turned out that Prescott was, in my opinion, a much prettier city... lots of old buildings and historic sites. 

Life is Good!



No comments:

Post a Comment